Maximizing reuse is the obvious choice in any framework. With reuse one minimizes the amount of effort required in maintaining the automated scripts. There are a few considerations when looking at a tool to achieve this:
- Does the tool support calling scripts from within a scripts?
- Does the tool support another means of calling a script?
- Can a script be saved as a function and called as a function?
- Does the tool support a global object map?
- Does the tool support associated libraries?
- How to pass data?
- How to handle failure?
- What granularity should be used in setting up the scripts?